Friday, January 15, 2016

Bedroom Window

I've noticed this trend of putting a bed under a window and was wondering if there was a certain reason why people were doing this?

Solid neutrals mixed with patterned accents and shapely antique nightstands make the perfect case for how wonderful mixing and matching can be.:
via bhg

Is it just the placement of the room and where the window's fall or is there actually something to it that I don't know?

Big open window, white lamps, grey furniture, small chandelier and monogrammed bedding:
via mydomaine

Did you know it was actually bad Feng Shui to put your bed under a window? It's said that at night, your body needs protection and strong support to do it's best regeneration. But what do homeowners with beds under there window have to say about it?

Some say it's the only way to balance out the room. Given the size or shape of their room, it's the only place the bed fits.

Other's say it's refreshing to wake up with natural light shinning on them. It seems to me, like that would be a lovely alarm clock!

AphroChic: Anthropologie’s Fall Catalog Celebrates Cultural Style At Home:
via aphrochic

Would you put your bed under a window? If you already do and have other great reasons why, I'd love to hear in the comments below!


amy said...

I've always put my bed under a window. I like the way it seems to ground the room, and sometimes it's the only place to put it. In our last apartment, I couldn't put the bed under the window, and I was kind of sad about it. It IS nice to wake up with the sun on your face, and doubly awesome if you live in the middle of nowhere, can sleep with the blinds open, and look up out at the stars while you fall asleep.

Lynn said...

the last resort
if there are no other options
am in complete agreement with the fungshui theory,
to me, its just...wrong - energetically.
I shudder whenever I see a picture of it online,
which seems to be often

Bonnie Schulte said...

In seven of the homes (my husband and I) lived in, only one had the option of the bed not being under the window. So...I'm trying to remember that one bedroom, the second home we bought, 42 years ago...did I sleep better because it wasn't under the window,..who knows, never thought about it,all depends the age of your children, kinda dictated what time you go to bed, all kinds of different things I believe, now that we are "older" it doesn't really matter, we are tired, we go to bed pretty early, get a good nights sleep,get up early, and that's all there is to it...anyway...............


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...