I can't wait to fill my home with kid art, and the large pinboard behind the dining room table is such a clever way to feature it and change it out frequently.
Angie gives great tips on making a rental your own, or transforming your home on a small budget:
1. Paint everything you can, event kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
2. Change out the light fixture.
3. Invest in window treatments ( or make your own simple drapes out of a favorite textile)
4. Hang artwork - Angie claims that incorporating the correct artwork is one of the most important elements of her design vision.
5. Add natural elements, like a large plant of vessel of cut flowers to add warmth to your space.
If you're ever in Charleston, Angie recommends you check out:
Antiques of South Windemere
Hyams Garden Center
John Pope Antiques
Mac & Murphy