Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A stunning barn for our wedding! My wedding date and venue revealed!

I am so excited to announce that Chris and I have selected a date and venue for our ceremony and reception!

We were originally shooting for a Fall 2013 wedding, but as everything we were interested in was already booked, we are now having our wedding on May 24, 2014 at the Mathwig Estate Event Barn in Thurmont, MD!

Here is the front of the barn:

via One17 Photography and Brittany Thomas Photography

The back:
via Michelle Zahn Photography

Pictures from past weddings:

via C&1 Photographers: Justin Mein

via One17 Photography and Brittany Thomas Photography

via C&1 Photographers: Justin Mein

The scenery is one of the reasons I fell in love with the barn!
via C&1 Photographers: Justin Mein

via C&1 Photographers: Justin Mein

via C&1 Photographers: Justin Mein

via One17 Photography and Brittany Thomas Photography

So beautiful!
via One17 Photography and Brittany Thomas Photography

Here are photos of the barn undecorated:

I have so many ideas for decorating the space!  I'll be blogging about them as I move through the planning process.  I already have a lot of pinterest boards set up to catalog my ideas.

Here are a couple of photos I took when I view the property in the fall

I am so excited to hear what you guys think - please comment! :)


Vidya Sudarsan said...

Beautiful spot for the wedding Ashley! The greenery, barn dining room with high ceilings, the whole ambiance.. all looks awesome! So happy for you!

ashley@decorologyblog said...

@Vidya - Thanks so much! I can't wait to share more with you guys!

Jeannine @ Small and Chic said...

Congratulations! I really hope you blog your planning. My blog veered completely into wedding world for a year, but I'm so happy to have a record of our engagement via the blog...and I wasn't too, too personal with my posts before and I think it helped me be more forthcoming with my voice.

Anyway, it's a beautiful venue!

rap and tric said...

Great spot! I dreamt of getting married in a place like this- congrats!

Lisa D. said...

I had a barn wedding and I couldn't have been happier with the choice. (here:

In case you're looking for a menu, we had a burger bar -- perfect for the venue -- and it was a huge hit!

ashley@decorologyblog said...

Hi Lisa - A burger bar is such a GOOD idea - I will definitely be looking into it. Thanks!

Angie said...

I have friends who had their reception at a barn very similar to your venue - it was the most fun and memorable evening our family has had - the history of the property and all the good memories being created - yours will be as magical!

Amy said...

This will be absolutely gorgeous, no doubt. Congratulations! (Love your blog, too, by the way.)

ashley@decorologyblog said...

Thanks Amy!

ashley@decorologyblog said...

Angie - thanks so much!

Susan McAllister said...

Let me know if you want me to hit the Wisteria outlet for you!

Neva Modzelewski said...

The fourth photo is what I liked the most. A married couple walking on a green field together with their bridesmaids and groomsmen – a sweet photograph! Why did you choose a barn for your reception, by the way? I love it because it’s kinda unique to me. :D The table, lights, and flowers blended well with the place. You will truly feel the barnyard atmosphere.

Lavonne Seaton said...

I just adore barn weddings! There is a certain charm in mixing the rustic atmosphere with the elegance of the ceremony. It’s very romantic and very homey that it can make everyone enjoy the easy-going event. You certainly chose the right venue for your wedding!

Lavonne Seaton

ashley@decorologyblog said...

@Susan - Will do - thanks for the offer!

ashley@decorologyblog said...

@Neva - Thanks for your complements! We chose a barn because I grew up in the country, and I like the intimate, laid back feel of it, and that nature will be a strong theme. :) Thanks fo reading!

Robin ponting said...

Really great idea I have attend a party which was in field, there air and atmosphere is astonish. barn wedding venues

Hildred Congdon said...

Beautiful preferences! I think this barn, from what I can see in the picture, has enough space to accommodate only the special people in your lives: your family and closest friends. Weddings that are exclusive to only family and friends is great, too, so you could really feel the solemnness of the ceremony. Choosing the right venue for your wedding is very important for it is the place where you will create a memory of a lifetime. Congratulations in advance!

Hildred Congdon


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...