Monday, May 21, 2012

A 600 sq. ft. California Cabin Retreat

Stocked with finds from budget go-to's like west elm and ikea, this rustic retreat was made beautiful on a modest budget. Even the cabin (it's a rental) was found on craigslist! 

The cabin was built in the 1970's, but they've managed to make the wool paneling look fresh.

The chairs are by West Elm.  I have been scouring Craigslist for a similar table - I love it!



LOVE the chevron poufs - they add a punch of mod to the space.

I could read on this couch all afternoon.


Any retreat needs a well stocked bar. I am a coffee girl above a cocktail girl...so I might have a fancy coffee bar instead.

Read details about the cabin and the pics above on Country Living

8 comments:

Karena said...

I really love this little cabin, it so adorably decorated; just right!! The sun-room with the poufs under the desk is my fave!

Thought you would enjoy...Interview with Leslie of Segreto Finishes and her fabulous Book Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Shannon said...

What a lovely little cabin. I love every detail.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Susan said...

This cabin is perfect! I love the black and white photo gallery, it's a great idea! Thanks for sharing :)
Susan

Jill Seidner | Interior Design said...

Love! SO charming!

Anonymous said...

Love the design, it is simple, elegant, aesthetic and elaborated. The lighting complements well with the background design and color of the room.

How2home said...

WOW...these are such beautiful inspirations...looks super cozy! definitely a lovely cabin retreat!

How2home said...

we just posted a post about small space living...let us know what you think. Drop by and visit us ;)
http://www.eieihome.com/blog/small-space-design-ideas.html

Enjoy!

Sarah, The Ohana Mama said...

I love this house/cabin! We have a small fixer upper beach shack and I keep putting off making it ours (5 years now) because I keep thinking we're in construction mode. But after this long (did I mention 5 years? :) ) I think it's time to put touches of us into the decorating. Thanks for the inspiration!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+