Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dining room love with a casual style

My dining room, er, nook in my living room, is really in a sorry state so I'm hoping some of these images get my butt in gear and give me some ideas for sprucing up the space!


Gorgeous table - and right by a cozy fire!


3 above via Maison Interior

So pretty.  I'm considering a round table for our space.  Even though round tables aren't the best use of space (ie: not great for tight spaces), I feel like they are more intimate.

via Anthology

Love the modern pendant hanging from the medallion.
via Bolig Magasinet

via Heart Home Magazine

via Me and Alice

10 comments:

Kristin said...

have you considered a rectangular table that opens into a square? gives you a little more space when you aren't entertaining and the square shape is better for conversation than a long rectangle.

Jenna at Homeslice said...

so many beautiful spaces. I love that there's a good mix of rustic, traditional, and modern looks in all of the rooms! Something about the one from Heart Home Mag is really speaking to me though.

bevy said...

so many great little dining spaces. i adore that wooden round table, the one with the antlers hanging in the background. very nice.

Tricia Rose said...

A round pedestal table is the most versatile, can accommodate odd numbers and nobody has to suffer a leg.
I don't have one.

Chic & Decó said...

La segunda imagen es preciosa, me encantan las sillas Phanton!!! Feliz fin de semana.

Hillary said...

What are those funky flowers in the first pic? Really cool! :)

Chelsea said...

That first image made my heart skip a beat.. why doesn't my dining room look like that?? :)

ashley@decorologyblog said...

@hillary - I think they are hydrangeas, but I'm not positive

ashley@decorologyblog said...

@Kristin, I do have a square table with extensions underneath that I can pull out to make it into a larger table, and I do like that feature. My table has definitely seen better days though...

The Salvage Snob said...

Love, love, love all these dinning rooms! My favorite is the second one. The mixture of the raw wood table and panton chairs is amazing!!!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+