Wednesday, October 5, 2011

House tour: A lovely Swedish home in black and white...

This home is so pretty - I definitely have some home envy going on. I could never be so disciplined though, as to only buy things in black and white. I'm bad about that - If I like it, it could serve a purpose, and I can afford it, I buy it. I worry about it fitting in (and sometimes not) later.







I'm digging the birch(?) branch!


How about you?  Are you good at sticking to a color palette in your home or do you stray?

via Hus & Hem

8 comments:

Sarah Roads said...

I love a black and white palette. So easy to add color in accessories or take it away when your not feeling it.

Ann said...

Love that home...

And I think I'd enjoy living there when I was still single, but having a ten year old son, I think I need to have more color in the house.

Britt @ Dreamy Spaces said...

The black and white is looking sharp! I really like those glasses used for the tea lights and the jar vase! Very cute photos!

Britt @ Dreamy Spaces said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boo Hazard said...

I love that they used some rustic elements to soften the black & white look. I think when designing you should have an overall concept, which includes a color palette. It helps keep a flow to a space. Just my thoughts! Oh, if you get a sec, check out my work blog - we just posted a finished condo! www.shaunsmithhome.blogspot.com!
- Boo

Miranda said...

I don't find it difficult to stick to my palette. My palette is the rainbow.

Kerry said...

I was a blck and white buyer in my 20s. Now more than ever I am incorporating colors I never would have used, like pink.

Nicole said...

This is the time of year where I crave the simplicity of black and whites! Great images...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+