Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lovely apartments from my future city

As some of you might already know, in August I am moving to DC because my boyfriend will be attending GWU in the fall to get his masters. While I grew up in MD, I only ever went to DC for school field trips, so I don't really know much about the different neighborhoods. So yesterday before attending Manvi from Mochatini's fabulous tabletop decorating how-to party, which I'll be sharing pics from later, I drove around and explored some recommended neighborhoods. I checked out Columbia Heights, Shaw, Foggy Bottom, Dupont, Silver Spring (MD suburb), and Capitol Hill. It's ultimately going to come down to the $$/space ratio. Anyway, enough of that - here are some fab. DC apartments...


The vintage chic split level apartment is in Cleveland Park.






LoVe the widow seat


This charming loft is in the adorable Logan Circle in the The Louise Hand Laundry Loft

Love the rug

Great bed

via Apartment Therapy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Given what real estate is going for in the DC area, if those rentals are affordable for grad students I'd say walk don't run and sign that lease! Upwards of $500K for 1100 sq ft in the Silver Spring area for a 1920's bungalow is the going rate for home ownership. It appears rentals are quite the deal!

Gatlinburg cabins said...

Nice apartment selection. I think rentals are great for vacation, for students and those who need to be independent. I find the brick wall gorgeous and the other space looks good too.

Anonymous said...

Great apartments. Where can I find a bamboo mirror similar to yours?

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I love the Laundry Loft apartment. It has such wonderful character. The brick walls are gorgeous. Best of luck with your relocation!

Amy said...

Don't forget to check out Old Town Alexandria! It's just a short metro ride to GW and it is beyond charming!

Sarah said...

the first one looks a lot like the apartment of one of the bloggers from Matters of Style, wonder if it is?

Alyssa S said...

That is such a cute place. Is it affordable at all? I wish my place had that much character. I will definitely be looking for places like that when I move out of the apartment I'm in now... and I'll hopefully have the funds to do it!

Alyssa
coolproducts.com

Anonymous said...

Do you know if the first apartment was professionally decorated? It is fabulous and certainly has flair and charm!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+