Monday, June 13, 2011

A home with simple beauty and understated elegance

It's hard to pull off humble/simple and elegant, but I think this home was successful. Check it out:

eclectic objects add warmth

dark purple is always chic

love how the books are displayed!

a spacious hall with a picture ledge

inspiration simply tacked on the wall keeps the space from being stuffy - and it's so cool how the images extend into the next room

fab. architectural elements

What do you think of this Australian home?

all photos © Richard Powers

7 comments: said...

That picture ledge is really fabulous! I may have to think about doing something like that in my house! THanks for sharing.

Karena said...

I really adore the displays of their various collections. The purple keep it elegant and adds that tough of regal!

Art by Karena

I have an amazing Giveaway from the Artisans at Novica. You will love it!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I love it and was surprised when I got to the end and found out it was an Australian home. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it felt like. Nice!!!

Jill Seidner | Interior Design said...

Pretty pictures! Love the picture ledges in the hallway!

leslie said...

Love the use of the color purple - gives it a classic and vintage feel!

Elle said...

What a gorgeous home! I'm hoping you or others can tell me where that fabulous glass table is from? Source? Also, those beautiful mirrors with the gold gilded frames?
Absolutely breathtaking photos! Thank you for sharing.

ChickRocks said...

I love the simple arrangements of the photographs. I also adore the various gilded mirrors.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...