Siena was not originally on our schedule to visit this summer, but we ended up being able to squeeze it in one day. It's a laid back, charming Tuscan city with an amazing sense of history.
You can click on each image for a bigger version.
The famous Piazza Del Campo
You can read about Siena here.
Church of San Domenico on the hill.
I'd have to say the highlight of Siena for me was the interior of the Cathedral of Siena. I feel like if Tim Burton ever designed a cathedral interior, it would look like this. Black and white are the colors of the civic coat of arms of Siena, and the black and white stripes are really striking...
You can read about the Cathedral of Siena here
really cool, right?
I've seen A LOT of cathedrals and had never seen anything like this
There was also a room full of amazing painted manuscripts...which offer great pattern design inspiration...
What do you think? Has anyone here been to Siena? What did you think of the cathedral?
Here's that list again of all my posts from our travels that I've posted -
•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
• Galicia - Baiona and Isle de Cies
• Galicia - the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
• Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
• Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
• Stunning mountains - Picos de Europa
• Bilbao and San Sebastian
• Beautiful Barcelona
• The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
• Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona
• Not to miss - the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy's Cinque Terre
• More from my summer traveling Europe - amazing Rome
• From my summer in Europe - amazing Pompeii
• Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs - the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast
• My Summer in Europe: Pictures from lovely Florence, Italy
So stay tuned for more Europe pics - next post will be featuring the one and only Venice!
Thanks as always to my boyfriend Chris, who took these amazing photos.