Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A fabulous house tour with modern and vintage twists...

This is the home of Jess Loraas, a photographer and competitive show jumper, based in Calgary.

I love the clean, simple lines to everything - but it doesn't lack "prettiness" which I also like.

One day I must have a home office as efficient and beautiful as this one. Believe it or not, it's in her guest room...

SO pretty! Crisp, stark bedding keeps focus on the Paris wallpaper, which she had custom printed.


I love seeing oriental rugs with the mid-century modern furniture

*adore* I'm all about large mirrors just leaning against the wall- it creates a posh feeling while still being laid back...

via Design*Sponge

7 comments:

Ispirato Design said...

Vintage and modern- love it! If you love oriental rugs and mid century furniture, you should check out my dining room conversion- those are the two things I am starting with. It's a work in progress!

Love Design Company said...

wow what a lovely space! LOVE the mirror and the paris wallpaper. thanks for sharing!

Cristina said...

I love it!

Boo Hazard said...

I NEED that mirror!! - BOO

Tanya @ Dans le Townhouse said...

Fantastic home tour! Love the touches of modern, but that it isn't filled with mid-century mod.

BluBabesCreate said...

I love Calgary!

The Cuban In My Coffee said...

I LOOOVVVEEE this house! I love all of the white and the overall flow of it. My all time "fav" though is that mirror. I am a huge fan of painting mirrors white especially when they are really ornate with chunky frames. It brings them back to the modern side. I am doing a series of 3 in my living room very soon. Thanks for the inspiration.
http://www.younghouselove.com/
XOXO,Whitney (the cuban in my coffee)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+