Friday, January 21, 2011

Lovely work spaces whatever your work may be

I do light sewing but plan to really learn more over the next two years. A room devoted to sewing would be divine.
via Fjeldborg
via Decor8 Tumblr

so elegant! via Elle Decor

One of my fav. home offices of all time. This space proves that even a garage can be pretty. The track lighting just makes the beams look industrial chic!
via Ish and Chi

I really like these filing cabinets from Crate and Barrel

via Canadian House and Home

An unused closet can make a small but functional home office.
via BHG

Good organizing accessories also make your space pretty and functional. This nifty laptop organizer, and this adorable teacup supply organizer are from Emmo Home.


lizzie said...

these are BEAUTIFUL workspaces! i love the light and airy spaces...feel like they would be so incredibly inspirational!

Simple Dwellings said...

I love it all! I'm especially drawn to the chocolate brown walls in the elle decor space. One of my fav colors to work with! Please check out my latest blog entry "A Peek Inside Our Home" where I also use a deep brown on the walls.

Megan said...

I love the garage office. One of my girlfriends did something really similar to the basement in her 1930's cottage and I could not believe the difference! We actually like being down there now!

Alexandra said...

I love that before and after of the office! So nice!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I long for a craft/sewing room. It actually discourages me from bringing out the sewing machine to know that I either need to finish before dinner or pack it all up so we can eat at my "sewing" table.

druidaccountforsale said...

I love the idea of having an old closet as a home office, its so very cunning and space functional. Glad you've shared this one.

Anonymous said...

Love #3 with the dark walls from Elle Decor! Could you share where this is from on their site? Was hoping to find additional pics...Thanks!

Ashley said...

@Carol. I have to do the same thing - I'm always packing and unpacking it

Nicole Rogers said...

I love your pictures of working spaces. I'm actually in the process of creating my own workspace. I'm also an insipring designer. Please take a look at my page. It's a work in progress as I don't have much time to blog about my stuff but I'm working on it. My page is


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...