Monday, November 1, 2010

Lovely coastal and country French furnishings

While in Colmar, a city in the Alsace region of France, I saw this store, Maisons du Monde, from the street and they had a stack of magazines outside the shop. So I picked one up for some train reading material. They have some nice styling, and the furniture seems decent, so I thought I'd share. Can anyone attest to the quality?


- never seen a couch with such high arms!





They seem to carry furnishings in all different styles.

really like the chair.

This would be a great piece for a fine artist!









What do you think? Kinda has a Pottery Barn look to it.
via Maisons du Monde

5 comments:

poindextr said...

just love that low coffee table with the sawhorse legs

Anonymous said...

These rooms are so beautiful. The variations in furniture really mesh well and flow with each other. I came across your post this morning while browsing interior design blogs and your take on interior d├ęcor is exquisite. It is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.

Katie @ Katie Beth Interiors said...

wow cute stuff, wish we had this store here!

Mrs. Limestone said...

I heart that last couch. I wish I had the room for it.

Bianca said...

We have Maisons du Monde in Italy, I've been in the shop once (it's in Bologna, I'm near Florence) and I am constantly begging my hubby to give in and let us get a few things from there (There's a website by the way, maisonsdumonde.com, I believe it's in english as well). The prices are good for Europe-Italy is seriously lacking in cute vintage style mid-priced furniture, it's all either Ikea or expensive modern design- and from what I've seen at the store, the quality is fantastic. Hopefully I'll eventually get something and I'll let you know!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+