Monday, November 8, 2010

Gorgeous styling with beautiful natural objects and wistful beauty

Nature lovers will love this feature from Real Simple. It's simply beautiful and being fond of decor that is from the earth, I really dig it.

The lamp is perfect, the giant shell a great contrast with the wood beam.

Great juxtaposition with the velvet tufted chaise and the wood and reed elements.

You can click on each image for a larger view - you'll especially want to check out the detail in this montage.

and this one ---I really like wood bowls.

Really really want this coverlet. It's on my wish list on Wists - and available at Bloomingdales.

What do you think?
Images via Real Simple


Squeak said...

Oh, heart be still! This is my kind of decor! My home is filled with shells, starfish, coral, minerals, fossils, feathers, pine cones, birds' nests, driftwood tables, stump tables, vine wreaths .... I must go out and buy Real Simple. Sigh.

Karena said...

Ashley I adore all of the natural elements so artfully placed!

Come read a great interview, then enter my latest giveaway!

Art by Karena

At Home with Kim Vallee said...

I like the lamp on the first picture. It's hard to resist to the overall feel of warmth and coziness.

Jolie Goodnight Musick said...

Oh the lounging I could do on that velvet chaise...

Susan Graham said...

Hi, that's a great article.After reading your site.I understand this,your site is very useful for me.I bookmarked your site.

barn wood coffee table said...

Beautiful tray! I love things like that! The colour are perfect in there too! I am starting to introduce rustic pieces like that. I just love all the history and stories that they may carry! :) Have a wonderful weekend!!

Susan Graham


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...