"Providing convenience beyond measure, the new Pyrex® Read from Above™ Glass Measuring Cups offer several smart features, including:
* Read-from-above measure marks – no more bending over or lifting up required to check your measurements
* Silicone-covered bases for better grip on work surfaces (on selected designs)
* Nested designs for easy storage
* Non-porous glass that won’t absorb stains or odors
* Microwave safe for everyday convenience
* Multi-position, BPA-free lids so you can mix, stir, pour, strain and sprinkle with one tool (COMING SOON!)"
Here's a view of the easier to read measuring graphics from above
Got my ingredients ready to go
The spoons on the left bottom corner are from Pyrex too - my dad thought they were "cool," because they are magnetic so they all stay together in the drawer.
I didn't end up with as much batter as I thought - I should have just put it all in one pan.
mmmm....the bread turned out moist and dense.
Here's the recipe:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flax seed meal
- 5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 organic plain low fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons egg whites
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar blend, flax meal, bananas, milk, sour cream and egg whites until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the banana mixture until moistened. Spoon into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean.
Disclosure: I received these Pyrex® products as a sample.