Thursday, September 16, 2010

Elegant, clean design embodied in this Hampton home

I have a really pretty house tour here for you. It's the home of NYC decorator Timothy Whealon and is chic without being fussy. What do you think?

I like ottomans as tables

I like all the white with the plant prints

A clear piece of furniture, like this table, is a great option for a small room because it doesn't take up so much "visual" space.

The checked floor is actually painted wood!



I really like the wall treatment going on at the staircase, which is Phillip Jeffries raffia, the two stools are nice too...

via Elle Decor

14 comments:

Katie @ consumerkatiescomments said...

I love the neutral palette of the kitchen! I had never thought about painting wood floors until yesterday when Nate Berkus talked about it on his show!

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

My favorite room is the bathroom. That funky stool is SO awesome. And I love the legs on the sink...it looks like old furniture, and I've never seen anything quite like it before.

Erika ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

kitchen floor is my favorite part!

*kiss kiss*
Happy Weekend
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

An Urban Cottage said...

Love the kitchen. It's going in to my inspiration file.

Lana Morisoli said...

Love the ottoman...want that myself:)

diane@onlinefabricstore said...

One of my favorite things to do is to have interesting and or unusual chairs in a room and he has certainly done that in most of these spaces. Beautiful and very livable home.

Terri said...

I love the plant prints & the checked floors!

So Chic Decor said...

I love the kitchen with the checkered wood floor! All of these are beautiful!

Raincloud said...

Beautiful spaces! So delicate.

Radostina ♥ 79ideas.org ♥ said...

I love that bathroom. Seriously. Thank you :)))
Have a great Sunday.

xoxo,
radostina

Hello Lover... said...

Love the simplicity of this home and I absolutely am obsessed with that navy raffia on the walls!

Mona Thompson said...

Fabulous! I love the ottoman and conversation chair in the first image.

Custom Rugs said...

I could see myself living here! It's so fresh and airy. I love the checkered kitchen floor and that denim blue stairway!

Lila said...

Great images. I also love ottomans as a coffee table. In fact, my mother just had a fabulous one made from Ethan Allen and it is velvety and luscious!
xoxo
Lila Ferraro

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+