Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Country chic inspiration and DIY ideas

Now that I'm back at my parents' farm after my travels, and surrounded by all things rustic and country, I thought I'd dig through my picture folders and share some country interiors

Like the ceramic collection. The metal light fixtures keep this kitchen from being too kitschy country.
via House Beautiful

The three images below are all of Tony Shalhoub's house. I like how down to earth it is.

Such a relaxing bedroom

What do you think of the photos displayed on the sides of the stairs?
via Country Living

These are two cute ideas - take the back of an old chair and turn it into a towel rack, or take a ladder and turn it into shelves. What do you think?

via BHG


Shorely Chic said...

I love the upside down chair thing - amazing. I also love ladders as shelves, waiting to find the perfect rustic one for a wall I have!

Liz @ shorelychic

Cristin @ Simplified Bee said...

I like the pendant light fixtures too!

Robin @ My Blessed Nest said...

That upside down chair shelf thingy would look great in my bathroom at the lake...may have to copy! Thanks for sharing!

mydesignchic said...

Wonderful pictures, but I especially love the bedroom. That ceiling...fabulous!

Fabulously french said...

That upside down chair idea is a fab one, I will have to remember this for future use....

Leeann x

Ijeoma said...

Love the idea of the ladder or back of a chair as a shelf. It adds a rustic charm.

Have a creative day!

Sinan said...

Tony's kitchen is great! Cozy, bright, and easy-going... Great fit for my blog

Thanks for the great post!

American Lifestyle & Travel said...

I absolutely love the idea of the pictures on the stairs. It's great how they stick with a color scheme. This holds the whole composition together. I have to try this in my hall.

NYC Framing artists said...

Love all this photos. Especially this red beautiful frames


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...