Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A personal announcement: My plans this summer

As you may or may not know, this summer is going to be an exciting one for me. My boyfriend and I are backpacking around Europe for 9 weeks. We leave on June 17th, and I'll be returning to the states on August 25th. The countries we plan to visit include Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Holland, Belgium, and France. I'll go into more detail including what areas of each country we'll be seeing in future posts.

We'll begin our trip in Galicia, on the coast of Spain

Further on in the trip we will be visiting Cinque Terre, on the northwest coast of Italy



By the middle of July we will be staying in a remote area of the Swiss Alps!

I should also mention that, since I won't be bringing my computer, I'm not really sure what the posting schedule is going to look like. I'll do my best to check in and write something on atleast a weekly basis. I really will miss all of you and do hope that you'll visit me on Decorology from time to time this summer, and hopefully full time again in September when I have a normal schedule once more. And of course I'll be sharing tons of pictures from my travels - which you won't want to miss!
Stay tuned to hear more!

Thanks again for all the support!

20 comments:

Megan Daly said...

can i just say... JEALOUS!!

How fun. Have a blast. and yes we will miss all your great designing posts. :)

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

Have fun...have been to some of the places you are going too. I am really envioous as they are all gorgeous!!

Tina said...

It looks like an amazing corner of the world!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness - I'm so jealous of your amazing adventure. Have so much fun and be safe! And when you go to Holland, be sure to stop at Delft. It was my favorite city I visited.

Kelley@thehiddenlist.com said...

How incredibly exciting! Have fun and keep in touch when you can!!

Love of the Sea said...

What a great summer you are going to have! Looking forward to your posts.

Karena said...

Oh yes I am one of those envous blog friends, I MAY get down to the lake for a long weekend. Seriously have a wonderful once in a lifetime experience!!

Karena
Art by Karena

Valentina said...

I will really miss your posts as I read your blog every day! but... ENJOY your fantastic trip and let me know if you need any info. I am an Italian from Rome but live in London.
Valentina

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

What a blast! Enjoy every second of it girl! And yes....can't wait to hear and see about your adventure!

Raru said...

You have to be so exited with so many beautiful places that are waiting for you. ;)
Have a lot of fun :)))))

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime! I hope every step of the way is as wonderful as it sounds :)

Linda in AZ * said...

* WHOOPEE!!! You will have THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE~ guaranteeeeed!!! (We did it~ for 18 years... you'll be sooo glad you did it NOW, while you're young, healthy, energetic & can "handle" it all!!!)...

Do NOT forget Garmisch-Partenkirschen in Germany (not far from Munich) and Interlocken, Switzerland (take tram to top... small little town waaay up there... FABulously simple and "real"!)...

We spent 18 years living/ travelling/shopping (well, I did!)/ playing golf & skiing all over Europe and oh, how I wish we had the ENERGY to do it all AGAIN!!! You're a lucky couple!!!

Warmest blessings for a safe & WUNDERBAR trip!

Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

GM said...

it sounds great...
9 weeks :)
very good :) :) :)
excelent choices!!!
but may i add - Portugal - it's a beautiful country also :)

Agnes said...

Have a blast... I know is going to be great, 10 yrs back I traveled around Europe.... Have fun and bring a lot of great pics (as always).... I'm so jealous....
Go girl!

Gerrie said...

I would love to get direction on how to plan a back-packing trip in Europe. Would love to do it, too.

Have a blast.

Tammy@InStitches said...

sounds like a perfect summer, can't wait to see your pics and hear your stories.

patricia miralles said...

Hello, I´m very proud you will visit my country (Spain) and overall my region (Galicia) I follow you blog, it´s good!! you give me a lot of ideas.
I hope you enjoy your trip.

Patricia

carina said...

Sounds like an amazing trip! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. :)

Catherine said...

Your post made me realise i haven't seen mountains for way too long.

Sammie said...

Wow, wow, wow, what beautiful pictures! Love the Alps!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+