Thursday, May 6, 2010

A polished Scandinavian style home

As you all know I'm a big fan of Scandinavian interiors, so I thought the lovely home of this young couple was worth sharing. It's a bit too "all white" for me, as my tastes have changed a little over the past year, but I still appreciate the rooms on an individual level.



Love the candelabra in the bathroom!

This is my favorite shot - the fabric inspiration board looks like art and ads a little personality to the place.



I have to admit I am not into the whole cow hide trend. I think the living room would look cozier with a regular rug, and instead of the two dining room chairs on the opposite side of the coffee table, something a little plusher.


What do you think of this place? What would you change?

via KML Design

10 comments:

Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} said...

I LOVE THIS HOME!!! Sorry, I needed to use caps lock - I really do love it, I'd actually die for this home!!! Scandinavian is a favorite style of mine and this is a great find for me!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Jane Flanagan said...

Your favourite shot is mine too. It looks like the perfect place to read!

Abby said...

It is gorgeous. Love the caramel cushions and the inspiration board! I'm all about colour though, as much as I would like to be a "white on white" sort of a person, I'm just not. I would be straight down to the flower markets for a colour hit.

Fabulously french said...

I love those cushions also but my favourite room is the kitchen as I am also planning a white kitchen.

I would not change a lot but would add some brightly coloured flowers...

Leeann x

Raru said...

so calm and cozy place. I love that dinner table and also... the kitchen. great find. thank you.
xoxo,
raru

Mona Thompson said...

I think all your comments would be mine. Loved the candelabra in the bathroom, the fabric inspiration board (I have done something similar in my office)wouldn't think about the using those chairs in a cozy living area. I love, love to look at all white spaces but it will probably never happen for me personally.

Fatin Azreen said...

Hi, how are you? OMG, your blog is amazing. This what me & my fiance we've been looking for! So inspirational and keep up the good work! I like whatever you wrote! :)

Alyssa said...

This home is beautiful, I'm often afraid to use a lot of white because it can look cold and distant, but this home just looks fresh and cozy. Thank you, your blog is great!

At Home with Kim Vallee said...

I aim to update the look of my home this summer. The decor is in line to were I would like to go, minus the white on white. The mood is what I am after.

Ali ~elegantabode~ said...

Such an eclectic mix of modern, traditional and a little bit country... I love it!!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+