Monday, May 10, 2010

A fun new book to check out

I was lucky enough to be able to review "The Big-Ass Book of Home Decor" by Mark Montano. The decorating projects are modern, always budget conscious, and I think easy enough for most of us to do. I also liked that he has a list at the end of decorating project "basics" that he always keeps around the house to have on hand as needed. Here are a few of my favorites.


A wall finish done with a rolling pin

Each project has an instruction page.

Love the sketch look of this butterfly pillow




And a super cute birdcage pillow

The book also includes templates for the projects in the back so you can photocopy them and use them as stencils. You can buy it online at places like Amazon.

9 comments:

Cristin said...

This looks like an amazing book! Thank you for sharing.

xo,
cristin

Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} said...

Both pillows are so sweet! Can I buy this book somewhere online? Thanks for sharing! xo

teardropsouffle said...

This looks wonderful. But I'm confused about the rolling pin wallpaper- how do the shapes stay crisp? Maybe I"m missing something. But it does look intriguing.

Gracefully Vintage said...

Love that- that birdcage pillow- is amazing- i love it and the butterfly.. How cool- so many of you get to review items- just amzing i must say.. YOu got style..
just became a follower- look forward to more tidbits.
Love it all
Karryann

niarcane said...

its a nice collection

Exude Beauty said...

This looks wonderful!
Thank you for sharing.

{ to be charmed } said...

This book looks like it has so many fun projects. Thanks so much for the review.

~ Elizabeth
www.to-be-charmed.com

Ashley said...

@Karryann - Thanks so much

CrowNology said...

I've been looking for a away to make some interesting curtains for my kitchen. I believe you've given me the inspiration!
Thank you so much.
xo
Andrea

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+