Thursday, March 11, 2010

The simply beautiful, delicately decorated Turebyholm Castle

I saw this and I didn't hesitate to grab my favorite photos and post. The description sums it up - "With a clear sense of style and true respect for the architecture, Winnie Mølsgaard and her husband Eigil have decorated Turebyholm Castle - a small rococo castle from 1754. The home is a refreshing blend of art deco and modern Italian furniture design, alongside antique pieces, hand printed silk wallpapers and original chandeliers. However, it is the serenity and the stunning landscape that Winnie Mølsgaard mentions, when we ask her to describe life in these enviable historic settings."






This paper is just gorgeous





so pretty...




image via KML Design (Katrine Martensen-Larsen,
Stylist/Writer)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where to get the beautiful floral wallpaper, or something like it?

LiveLikeYou said...

I love the serene tones and mixing old with new. Scandinavian design just never goes out of style no matter what period. Beautiful castle!

Katrine Martensen-Larsen said...

Hi,
The wallpaper is handpainted and was imported from China more then 200 years ago. The english company de Gournay makes similar handpainted wallpapers. You can find them here: www.degournay.com.
Best regards
Katrine Martensen-Larsen

Jane Flanagan said...

Oh my, that wallpaper is amazing!!

Raru said...

So... clear... According to my taste everything is amazing :)))
Love it.
Thank you so much for the inspiration.
Wish you a lovely weekend.
xoxo,
Raru

StyleRoom said...

Just beautiful! Love the way she's mixed old with new styles!

details and design said...

OH Geez! I have this white on white fetish right now! Might change in a few months but right now am in love with white! My husband wants me to seek therapy! ( I will do this once he gets help for his addiction to fishing and trips to lowes...I mean really, every saturday? can he not get what he needs all at once??) but I digress! Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing and enabling my addition!

K.Ketils said...

Amazing and beautiful castle! Does anyone know where to get the beautuful floor vase?

down bedding said...

SUCH a beautiful home - thanks for sharing :)

purple area said...

So much great inspiration, I like the style.

Chic Coles said...

Wow! These images are amazing. I love the white with the accented colors.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+