Saturday, March 6, 2010

A little tangent - some awesome design on the silver screen

I saw Sherlock Holmes a while ago in Boston visiting my friend Liz, and we both ended up drooling over more than Robert Downey Jr. Both of us being RISD grads, the art at the end credits left us in our seats while audience rolled out. Here are some great screenshots I found on Graphic Exchange. The end sequence was done by a company called Prologue, which coincidentally enough, another RISD friend of mine used to work for in LA. You can read about their process and see more concepts at the post on Graphic Exchange.

The board



Rachel McAdams was great in this role too - but I like all her stuff (a bit of a girl crush)




So, if you ever watch the movie stay tooned for the great work of art that is the end credits!

7 comments:

The Design Notebook said...

You're right! I didn't really pay attention to that when I watched the movie. Thanks fo pointing it out!

Levinson Axelrod said...

These are great. Checked out that link above and it's very intriguing also.

Judith Amanda said...

So funny! I saw the Sherlock Holmes movie, too, and the sketches in the closing credits were my favorite part of the film. Plus the Dubliners rendition of "Rocky Road to Dublin."

Hannah said...

Those were great, weren't they? I always stay at the end of movies, and I wasn't disappointed by these end credits!

Liz Weinberg said...

I'm so happy you found those screenshots! Prologue did such a great job, I was glued to my seat.

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

I agree! I thought this was such a cool look that really fit with the overall visual look of the movie.

Have you ever seen the intro credits for "Catch Me If You Can?" Those are my favorite ever.

maureen @ The Inglenook Decor said...

I saw this movie & was looking at all the decorative items they have which are of course all reproduced now...glass domes, cloches, telescoping trays...the movie is very artistic & all the details was amazing!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+