Saturday, March 6, 2010

A beautiful, glamorous house to ring in the week

The home of Lizzie Bailey is sooo pretty, glamorous, clean, and crisp - I just had to share it with you right away. Bailey actually majored in English but found her calling as an interior designer while working (and doing a little photo shoot styling), at Better Homes and Gardens. As you can see, she's found her calling.




The horizontal stripes in the entry way is just great. A smaller space is a great place to go bold if there's a certain wallpaper or paint treatment you love but are too nervous to use in a large room. It helps create little nooks of interest.








Click on the image for a larger version of Lizzie's DIY secrets

Wasn't that serene?
images via Lonny mag

6 comments:

The Design Notebook said...

Loving the piles of books!

Chic Coles said...

She definitely found her calling!

Laura Fenton said...

That was definitely my favorite from the recent issue of Lonny.

Lila said...

The first white framed mirror is my favorite. So beautiful.
Lila Ferraro
Queen Bedroom Sets

Decofabulous said...

I love the stripes in the hallway it creates such a cool visual effect. I am currently struggling with what to do with mine, maybe horizontal stripes is the way to go. :)

San said...

Hi,
I recently purchased a farm house and would like to do stripes in our entryway. I am struggling to find the right color combo and I was hoping you could tell me what colors you used for the wall.
Thanks for the help!
Sandrine

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+