Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A really simple, gorgeous way to decorate for Spring

I know ...Spring? Who am I kidding? It's snowing outside right now as I'm typing. Maybe one day Spring will come, and when it does, you should try this really cute idea. It's from Southern Living Feb. 2010, which revamped their look a few months ago, and I'm really liking all the issues so far!

These two photos are so pretty. If you have woods or trees on your property you could even create your own bouquets.

Click on the image above for a larger version with the names of the flowers. From top left: star magnolia, saucer magnolia, yoshino flowering cherry, flowering quince, forsythia, and eastern redbud (You can get these giant glass vases at vivaterra)



Click on each image above for a larger version of the instructions

This is a good idea- use strands of grapevine to support the stems. I like the look
Images via Southern Living Feb. 2010

7 comments:

Porchlight Interiors said...

Love all of the green jars in the first image - so pretty! Tracey xx

Jane Flanagan said...

Adore the first image! I can't wait to bring home a big magnolia branch!

Sallie Ann said...

I LOVE forcing branches, and run to the florist to grab some branches on the first day of March. When that April snow is still falling, there are all kinds of little blossoms bursting in my treehouse! Such great pictures

The Design Notebook said...

I love the first image with the coloured glass vases!

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Oh wow, now I am totally longing for spring!!! Love the look, and thanks for the tips on avoiding killing them. :) That always seems to be my problem . . .

Megan said...

I love flowering quince

Your Harmony Design said...

Thanks for passing on the decor idea. It is a great way to bring a bit of nature inside.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+