Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy Friday Hodge Podge

I'm back on the farm in Maryland and we're expecting 18-24" of snow today and tomorrow! I was super indulgent today after all my traveling and slept till noon. (Naughty, I know) I'm a little late today but I want to send you into the weekend with a little eye candy. If you're due for snow, hunker down with some homemade cookies and cocoa. If you're not due for snow, enjoy you're weekend anyway!

I'm starting to like darker interiors, and I love this darker, coastal style.
via Tom Scheerer

Love this dark and cozy room too! via House to Home

via House to Home

via Tricia Joyce

loft and/or open space decorating is an art in itself
via Magness Design


Kathysue said...

But..... such a pretty hodge podge. Kathysue

Sallie Ann said...

Love those deep, inky walls with botanicals against them. Great idea.

C said...

Hmm, I've been thinking of painting my study a deep soot, it seems like a great backdrop to display photographic artwork. However, proper lighting still requires more thought to create the right effect in such a darkened space. Still dregging up the courage to just go for it! said...

@C Please do send pics if you go with the soot!

Raru said...

Wow. Nice. I also like dark interiors. :))
Thanks for sharing.

Sharon said...

I don't know if am courageous enough to go with dark colors. May be a room or two, like the library, the powder room, will do. But it sure looks lovely!

p.s: I tagged you for a Best Blog Award, the icon is on my blog, please pass it on

Bailey @ peppermintbliss said...

Loving dark rooms but got no guts to actually do one!!

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

LOVING all of the dark ways in these inspiration images!

On a side note, we only got 1/2 inch in NYC, it was so lame for all the hype!

Di Overton said...

So sorry for not being around much lately, manic busy with new Ghost stuff.
Am taking some time today to do the rounds of the blogs and catch up - refreshing the soul
Much Love

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I would love to paint just one room in a dark, dark color. Still trying to convince those on the homefront. Lidy


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...