Monday, February 22, 2010

Don't miss this post - the gorgeous doors of Segovia, Spain

For my frequent readers, you'll know that my boyfriend is living in Spain this year, where he's teaching English, and in turn, perfecting his Spanish. He lives in Segovia, which I visited in October and January, and the historic part of the town is beautiful as a fairy tale.

I immediately took to the charming, personal, and beautifully antiquated architecture. You might remember the post I did back in December about antique Spanish doors. Well, I thought it'd be fun to show you the real thing (some are old, some look old, and some are new). Enjoy!

























Gorgeous, no?!
All photos by Ashley White ©2010

11 comments:

autumn said...

so beautiful. thanks for posting these. they are breathtaking. there is something so special about old doors...just thinking about how many people have touched them and opened them is so intriguing.

Anuradha Varma said...

Beautiful post and the doors are beautiful. I travelled to Spain a few years ago and loved it. My favorite place was Arcos Del la Frontera and your images bring back some lovely memories of the old town.

Bailey @ peppermintbliss said...

Yes. Absolutely gorgeous.

dekorating said...

I love Segovia, I stayed there last january, and I enjoyed with its small streets, old houses, doors, and the tipical "blue roller" in the walls!!;-)

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

What I wouldn't give to have a huge, heavy, intricately carved wooden door. These are SO gorgeous.

Gracia said...

I'm spanish and I like to reconoize my country in your foreigns eyes.

Emily said...

I studied in spain and LOVED Segovia. Your boyfriend is a lucky man! Such beauty everywhere. Thanks for sharing!

noemozica said...

hi!!
not only in segovia... the good thing in spain is that you can find doors like this ones in almos every little village of the north... ^_^

Lydia, Clueless Crafter said...

The moorish motifs, aged wood, and subtle salmon stucco-like walls are what I dream of seeing on my travels. I've been to Spain several times; the memories are faded but coming back. . .

Megan said...

definitely gorgeous!!!!!

Rate Your Hairdresser said...

Gorgeous post. I am so glad to see I'm not crazy for finding doors captivating and beautiful. I have a large collection of door portraits from Western Europe and Old Montreal.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+