Monday, February 22, 2010

Check out the goodies I made for mom's bday

My mom's birthday was last Monday and I decided to go out on a limb and try cooking. While I'm a tremendous fan of food, it's the making of it that alludes me. I thought I'd share my results, as I'm always proud when I manage to make something edible. The best part is that we had all of the ingredients already!

For dinner I made vegetarian tacos - instead of ground beef, I substituted lentils - packed with protein, fiber, and other delicious goodness.







The original green lentil tacos recipe

For dessert I decided to try and make a lemon meringue pie, since I can't remember the last time we had one. It's far from beautiful, as I haven't made meringue since I was probably 12, but it was delicious. Also, I cut the sugar in half from what the recipe below says.

mmmm...







The original lemon meringue recipe.

8 comments:

thedomesticfringe said...

You're making me hungry! I'm definitely trying the lentil tacos. I love lentils. Thanks for a great recipe!

-FringeGirl

Jules said...

that pie looks delicious! i'd love a slice right about now :)

katiedid said...

Yum...will have to try those tacos!!!!

Laurie Jones said...

I'm thinking your pie turned out pretty darn good! You're a good daughter! (:

Spiderbite said...

Tell your mom I said Happy Birthday!

Linda in AZ * said...

* Hey, kiddo!!!

DID YOU KNOW that right below the V of your pie, where there's a big clump of oval-shaped-merengue, that it looks like there's a dog laying there, facing East? I can see the nose & eyes & long ears like a spaniel's... CAN YOU????????

HAPPY BD to "Mom"!!!!

BEST<

Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Ashley said...

@Linda in AZ - OH my gosh I can! Good eye!

Philigry said...

yum! lemon pie and tacos! two of my favorites! thank you for sharing.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+