Monday, February 8, 2010

A beautiful shabby chic Savannah cottage with some Scandinavian flavor

February is a great month for the home decor magazines. I had a stack waiting for me when I returned from Spain, and I've never used so many page markers! I thought I'd start off sharing all the things inspired me with this light and pretty Savannah cottage- which was condemned when the couple bought it for $29,000. I have a crush on Savannah so my ears always perk at the name!

*hint: click on any image for a giant version!

I really like this simple, clean kitchen

I like the bedding and nightstand here, but I think all the objects above the headboard are a bit much. What do you think?

I really like flat(ish) weave, striped rugs. I really, really like them when they're only $2.99 like the one above from Ikea.

Read more about this adorable cottage in Country Living's February 2010 Bargain Issue


Vanessa said...

Hard to imagine this home was condemned - it looks amazing, especially the $7 counters! I agree too much stuff around the headboard.

Raru said...

Love it :))))
Thanks for sharing!!!

Things That Inspire said...

Beautiful - I love the soft colors. I don't get this magazine, so it was nice to see this house on your blog!

jet1960 said...

Loved the house. I had seen the magazine. I like the items themselves that are over the bed, but not where they are. Think figurines perched on a headboard are not the best idea, if you know what I mean. No fun having items fall down on top of your head at inopportune times.

Priscila Peters said...

Wow. My fave style is cottage and I'm speachless with these images....beautiful.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...