Monday, February 22, 2010

2 very different, but beautiful houses. Which do you prefer?

Incase you haven't noticed, I've been loving Country Living Mag. lately. Don't be fooled, it's not all chintzy florals and rooster collections, they have a great grasp on what it means as a lifestyle. It can be modern, retro, or casual, and it's not your grandma's "country." Anyway, in their Feb. issues they featured two houses, both very different, and both worth sharing.


House 1 - simple with a Scandinavian design smarts





I like the home office/sewing room in the photo above.

Home 2 showcases great antique finds - some splurges, some bargains.


Don't worry, the zebra skin is faux.


So, which home is more you!?

images via Country Living Feb. 2010

13 comments:

Shauna said...

I like the second house alot more than the first...but I really liked the wooden cutting boards in the first kitchen as art on a plain wall.

Helena said...

My heart is divided; I can live with both styles.
Anyway I love the 2nd house and that miscelaneous of old and new is much more cozy.

just_me_tiff said...

I love the second house, so beautiful!

cardinalkay said...

That second house was the loft home of a widower who had recently downsized. It's worth finding the magazine to have a closer "look-see". Very nice!

Spiderbite said...

I prefer house 1 for my style, but I could definitely steal some of the antiques in house 2. I just wouldn't maybe put them all together that way.

Gale said...

I 100% prefer the first house! Beautiful! I have trouble with clutter myself and long for simple. But it wasn't "plain" or "stark." It looked relaxing and inviting.

Kristi W @ Life at the Chateau Whitman said...

I love the first home! Definitely more my style.

redbrickbuilding said...

The second house, no contest. The antique bed that's reflected in the mirror looks like exactly what I'm on the hunt for.

Daniella said...

I love the second home, gorgeous!

Emily said...

I like the first home for me, but I feel like the second home is more creative. It's a home filled with pieces, each with their own special story. That's a home I'd definitely want to tour. :) But the homey feel in the first one is definitely more me.

martha brown said...

At first I thought that I am definitely home #1 -- but I have lots of elements of #2 -- so I'm a mix (my mom was an antique dealer -- dealing with "country" antiques and linens -- but I love a more modern, fresher look)

The Design Notebook said...

I like the second one more although the first one is very nice as well!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

House two simply for that gorgeous mirror! Thanks for sharing.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+