Monday, January 18, 2010

A refreshing spin on vinyl wall decor

It's shameful that I'm just showing this to you guys as I was introduced to Uppercase Living in October. Better late than never?

Vinyl wall decor is very popular now so I think the trick to avoiding "cliche" is to find new ways to use it -whether it be in/on an unusual place or make it extremely personalized. On Uppercase Living you can definitely find some new ideas when it comes to using wall decals.

Frame your decal


I like the abstract botanical decal used to anchor bed visually

cute!



I also think words/phrases work when used sparingly in certain rooms, mostly the kitchen, children's rooms, or home offices/studios.

What do you think of these? Are any of these appealing to you - do you have any clever wall decal solutions to share?

Also one cool thing about the website is that you can pick a decal and test it against your wall color - or see how it looks on a mirror, etc. Here's the link for the online Design Suite.

What do you think?!

7 comments:

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

I have been dying to try one of these...Dabney Lee has one that you can put a big monogram on your wall, but I live in a rented apartment while I am at school and wouldn't want to put it up and then have to discard it when I move in May...They are so much fun though! I will go check out the design suite and figure out a scheme I want to do when I move!

TheCluelessCrafter said...

I love vinyl used in a utility room like a laundry room. It adds a little lowbrow whimsy to a place that is usually not all that whimsical. I'm not sure if I could find a place for it in my living room, though.

the fourth door said...

I love the decal in the laundry room! It's so fun and practical. I've washed and dried more tissues and chapsticks than I care to count!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Freaking love the ones on the washer and the trash cans! Those are too cute!

Sallie Ann said...

My sister has been looking for a train decal for my nephew's room. Great link! Thanks so much.

Style Sisters said...

Came across your blog today...great ideas. Love it.

Stop by and say Hi,
Karin :)

Di Overton said...

I need that Check Your Pockets decal for my washing machine - desperately.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+