Monday, December 7, 2009

A winter wonderland at my parent's farm

I wanted to share with you some beautiful photos my dad took of their farm, Chestnut Creek Farm, in Maryland this weekend. We got several inches of snow on Saturday - and the result was quite pretty!

In the woods beside the back fields.

This is to the side/front of the house

A tree my dad keeps asking me to do a drawing of for him - a shag bark hickory

Remember when Remi was just a little puppy? - now he's a big puppy!

Another view out the front

some little deer, wondering why my parents are up so early

Another view out the back

Pretty no?
If you want to see larger versions just click on the photo

12 comments:

Sarah Arkanoff said...

So serene and beautiful! I love snow ♥

laurelstreet said...

Looks like Heaven to me. Thanks for letting us walk along with you!

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

It's so gorgeous!

Amanda said...

so fresh and pretty! we got between 3-4" this weekend, and everything looks so magical now!

Cristin said...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Chestnut Creek Farm....how wonderful is that? Lovely photographs..I enjoy seeing the snow...out here in California..with no snow....I can only wish....

Your blog is so beautiful...I'll be following you along the way.....

more later,
Best,
Kary

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

This is such beautiful property! Your parents are so lucky!

Pat said...

Absolutely beautiful! Snow seems to turn everything into a silent, serene atmosphere.

Dustjacket Attic said...

Oh how totally beautiful and magical. I love the name of your parents farm, like a storybook.

I just saw your gorgeous photo on my friend Leigh's sidebar just had to come on over and have a peek.

Gorgeous site,
xxx

SPLENDEROSA said...

Just wonderful. We had a tiny bit of snow in Houston last week & the entire city shut down to watch it falling. LOL. Oh, a farm in Maryland, what a lovely place to call home.

Megan Lee said...

Wow, just breath-taking! The perfect place to be in a winter wonderland.

Di Overton said...

Fabulous. We get that pink sunshine outside our cottage. In fact that could be outside my cottage it's so similar.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+