Tuesday, December 29, 2009

STUNNING Antique Spanish doors

Segovia and the older cities of Spain are full of gorgeous, ornate wooden doors which I would love to be able to pack up and bring back home with me, but with the price of checking bags these days it's just not an option. However, one can acquire such goodies in the states from wonderful companies such as Portera Doors, who lovingly restore antique Spanish doors in California. ...Oh if I was a rich girl...


A close-up


Does the door above look familiar? Remember the chest from the Castle Alcazar in this post?
The two images below are the chest -





A close-up

A close-up

So - over the next couple of weeks I'm going to try and take pictures of all the gorgeous doors around the city so you can compare for yourself!

images via Portera Doors

6 comments:

autumn said...

wow. these are so beautiful! i think what is so appealing about doors like this is their sense of history...i wonder WHO carved this, and WHEN...and how many people have touched this?!
it's fascinating!
it's also so nice to see something that was handmade...with so many lasers and machines making things these days, it's refreshing to see a piece that may have taken months to create.

Patricia Torres said...

oh wow... wow!! I thought doors like this didnt exist... Its amazing to see these well carved, crafter doors.. Brings so much character to the room... Lovely post!

Betsy Head, Affordable Interior Design said...

I love salvage finds. Great doors!

Betsy

Ana Balbinot said...

I hope you have a wonderfull new year! With lots of joy,peace and harmony.
Xoxo
Ana

Sue said...

Hello everyone, I live in mallorca and have old doors in my house,have more than 200 years as the house, if you can post pictures on my blog, greetings.
www.chicandco.blogspot.com

ashley@decorology said...

@Sue
Would love to see pics of your house and those old doors!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+