Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Real NYC apartments and what they cost

I'm probably torturing myself by looking at NYC real estate sites, but I miss the city so much, and it just helps to tide me over until I manage to move back. Not that I'd ever begin to afford to live in one of these homes!

This home is part of a major project at 211 Elizabeth Street. The penthouse closed for just under $7 million, a neighborhood record for price-per-square-foot.

Read all about this apartment here on curbed.

The above two photos are from a condo in the former Parish House of St. Georges Church.
  • Condo
  • 988 square feet
  • 1 beds / 1.5 baths
  • Maint./CC
  • Taxes

Asking: $1,365,000

Central Park South, Midtown
  • Coop
  • 1930 square feet
  • 3 beds / 3 baths
  • Maint./CC
  • Taxes

Asking: $2,495,000

Upper West Side
5-story, 6,000 sq. ft. townhouse, 18 ft wide x 99 ft deep currently configured as an (owner's) triplex and three free market-rate apartments


The three images above are from a condo for sale in Williamsburg, a very popular neighborhood in Brooklyn. I lived there for two years but my apartment was a far cry from this beauty.

  • Condo
  • 1468 square feet
  • 2 beds / 2.5 baths
  • Maint./CC
  • Taxes

Asking $1,090,000

Do these numbers surprise you? Pretty much what you expected? Thought prices would be higher? Thought prices would be lower?

photos and info via Curbed


Costume Diva said...

I currently live in Astoria, Queens and I love it. More space for the $$. Still, whenever I'm in a posh neighborhood at night I peak in the windows to see how they look!

Charis said...

Wow wow wow! Love those places! My husband and I live in suburbia in California (perfect for this phase of life) but love NYC and fantasize about living there for a spell before retiring. Better save up, huh?

down comforter said...

Great pics :) I especially like the ones from Gramercy & the Upper West side.

Karen said...

Oh my!! We can all dream, can't we? I recently returned from visiting an old friend who lives ina a beautiful apartment on Elizabeth St. They bought their space 20 years ago when the building was still the old Deitz Lantern factory and the neighborhood was pre-revitalization. Now I better understand when she said they could never afford to buy their place now! Great post as always :)

Jessica said...


This makes me much more satisfied with my boyfriend's plan to live in the country someday. I'm not totally sold, but having a large, sprawling house for less than those home prices is appealing!

Sallie Ann said...

I love to visit New York, but I'll stay in Chicago. It's less than a 2 hour flight! Great pictures.

Bailey @ peppermintbliss said...

The prices don't really surprise me, I too am addicted to searching NYC and Cali real estate...not because I would want to actually live in either place but I find most of theirs listings are just pretty flipping cool to look at. Even if I could afford it I wouldn't, I just don't see the value especially when you look at what you could get for the same amount of money in other cool cities like Chicago or Portland...Great eye candy though!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...