Sunday, December 27, 2009

Color Inspiration - Nature Inspired Palettes

I hope everyone is loving their holiday! I'm going to be random today and share some not so holiday photos, just because they're relaxing and we could all use a little bit less pressure this time of year!

So, my weakness when it comes to design is color. I'm a bit afraid of it and always lean towards white or soft neutrals. I know, however, that I have to take baby steps to walk the path to using rich, bold colors - so here's a baby step.

These palettes were sent to me by Olympic, who introduced a line partnered with the Audubon Society to raise awareness of the natural world, and to emphasize the importance of environmentally-conscious painting.

Here are the palettes. I've lettered them and would really like to hear which one is your favorite!

A. Tranquil


B. Splendor

C. Mysterious

D. Majestic

E. Harmony

F. Grandeur

G. Glorious

H. Brilliance

If I had to choose I'd pick E. Harmony. How about you?

19 comments:

Brittanie said...

I'm all for Tranquil and Grandeur!

Gabriela said...

definitely Grandeur! :)

kristin said...

I love Splendor and Grandeur myself!

Jill Seidner | Interior Design said...

These are all so very beautiful palettes! And I agree, feels nice to move onto something not holiday related and something that feels relaxing...like an escape. SO hard to select just one favorite - I think it depends on the room. They are all so great!

Tammy@InStitches said...

I'm loving the Splendor and Grandeur !

Pat said...

Mysterious and Grandeur IF I had to choose. I'm all about reds and black so these would be extremely different for me. :-) If I had a beach house, then I would add Harmony.

Raru said...

It's so hard... I love Mysterious, Harmony and Grandeur.
Thank you thank you for sharing this :)))
Have a great week :))))

Content in a Cottage said...

H. Brilliance
That one has my name all over it. Great post, Rosemary

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Tranquil!!! I love it!

Cristin said...

I'd pick grandeur. Lovely post! What software did you use?

xo,
cristin

Sammie said...

No question, I'm with you, Harmony.

Sallie Ann said...

I'm a fan of Harmony! In fact, painting my living room this week and choosing a color that would likely fit in that palate

Messy @ Bungalow'56 said...

I would be hard-pressed to pick between Grandeur and Glorious. That is possibly why my walls have not had a lick of new paint in ten years. "I know. . . how embarrassing" but I plan on changing that in 2010. I will be checking in to your site for inspiration on a regular basis. Thank you for the help.

Michelle said...

I would definitely be splendour!

JanMary said...

Beautiful collections of colour and inspirations.

Grandeur for me!

ashley@decorology said...

@Cristin - I used photoshop to put these together. Glad you like! :)

Vila do Artesão said...

It's impossible to choose, all of them are so beautiful. But at this time Tranquil is my life. So....
Cris Turek

Rowena said...

Grandeur. I've wanted a bedroom in teals and neutrals for so long. People kept telling me I was crazy, now look how popular.

Caroline said...

I love the boards! The color schemes are very calming. I love that you took inspiration from nature.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+