Friday, November 20, 2009

A very elegant house tour for you on this Friday

I haven't posted a house tour in awhile, which I always enjoy, and I hope you do as well. This is the DC town home of furniture designer and decorator Darryl Carter, whose motto is "less is more." As opposed to accumulating "stuff" as years go by, the contents of the home have been cut in half over the last several years.

I think this kitchen is great. It has a mix of clean modern lines, but with some cozy elements, like the antique Italian étagère and the wooden bar chairs.



I don't like scrubbing tubs, so one is enough for me, but I do like the 18th century secretary in the bathroom.


I can't wait to have my own huge wooden table full of character.



I am not a fan of zebra rugs, or cow rugs personally, but I do like the long bench, the antique Carlton House desk (so unusual!), and I love the shutters throughout the home.

From Elle Decor November 2009

12 comments:

Linda/"Mom" said...

* I always like a Carter space, & especially appreciate the LACK of color here.

I suspect that after being surrounded by color constantly, this can be a beautiful "break" at the end of the day...... ANNNND, when entertaining, one's finely dressed guests can add all the glam & punches of color, along w/ the amusing conversations & lots of fun laughter of friends!

Best,
Linda in AZ
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Kristin said...

Ooo... HelllOOooOo gorgeous room!

House & Garden Style said...

What a fantastic house! Thanks for the tour-
Christine

Hudson Goods said...

That wood table is the BEST!

Cristin said...

Love his less is more motto. Stunning kitchen!

xo,
cristin

SPLENDEROSA said...

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Come to Mama.


oh.


beautiful.

down comforter said...

I kinda like the double tubs in the bathroom, but not as much as the wonderful bathroom flooring :)

Laura Trevey said...

I am in LOVE with the huge wooden table!

Gena D said...

Agree totally - what a gorgeous home - love the neutral palette very much!!! Tahks for posting! G

jamesxvi said...

I just discovered your blog and find it full of inspiring design! I especially like this kitchen, and will file it for when I redo mine (again) at Garvinweasel. Thanks for the lovely post.

James

memory foam said...

What I like is the brightness of the rooms along with the wood furniture, which is a rare combo ... I think many houses with wood furniture end up creating too dark an effect.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+