Thursday, October 15, 2009

Segovia and Castle Alcazar

Here are some pictures of the sites I've seen in Segovia so far!

Pictures of the famous castle here, Alcazar, taken by Chris. If it looks familiar it's because people speculate it served as inspiration for Walt Disney world!

The doorway to the master bedroom!

Detail of some castle furniture

The gorgeous castle chapel ceiling.

This chair was beautiful - a simple structure, but the detail was ornate.

At one point the castle was an artillery school - these were some jars on display, I believe they hold materials of some sort.

Some of the original wall in the castle.

The famous aqueduct - it's been immaculately restored - and absolutely no mortar was used in it's construction.

A cultural festival took place this weekend.

I just thought these were cute.


Paloma {La Dolce Vita} said...

Your photos are stunning! I loved the Alcázar. It is truly like something out of a fairytale. Segovia is such a pretty town. Glad you are enjoying it!

Katherine Lee said...

Wow! What beautiful photos, I'd love to go there someday, but for now living vicariously through your trip will do just fine!

xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)


Beautiful Byzantine architectural elements reflected in every surface. Thank you for sharing your holiday with us. Marsha

Down Pillow said...

LOVE the sideboard & master bedroom doorway. Thanks for sharing your pics :)

Di Overton said...

Looks as though you are in heaven

dekorating said...

Hello!!I´m going to visit Segovia this weekend and I read that you stayed there for a days whith your boyfriend.I´d like to ask for you what is your prefer place for eat cochinillo there???
I love your blog!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...