Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Help sourcing a headboard?

So a reader wrote in with this question:
"I just moved into a new apartment, and the colors in my apartment are red, black & white, and I have just fallen in love with the red velvet headboard used by Stephen Shubel in one of the bedrooms he designed. Can you tell me where I can purchase one, and what size bed does the headboard fit?"

Below is the headboard in question:


Here is the story which first featured the headboard in House Beautiful
The bed is mentioned, but no source was listed, so I'm thinking it's custom made. If I am incorrect - I would love to know it's source!

In the meantime, I've gathered up some alternatives. The red seems to be the hard part to fine. Upholstered headboard and velvet are both in style, so we're lucky in that sense.

I believe Jonathon Adler offers the closest option, and you can choose your fabric.
See/read more here.

This option is from Skyline furniture, which also allows you to choose your fabric.


Here's an affordable version in popular gray from Urban Outfitters.

And last but not least, Simply Shabby Chic's version from Target.
So I open it up to you guys - know of any other similar headboards?

7 comments:

neuroticalways said...

I'd check out http://www.roomservicestore.com for beds, plus they come in funky fabrics live hot pink velvet, yellow vinyl, and kelly green pleather. Worth checking out. It's pricey but not as much as Jonathan Adler.

mudrick said...

Target carries a red upholstered headboard with nailhead trim called the Monaco headboard. Not sure of the fabric but you can check it out here.

http://www.target.com/Monaco-Nail-Button-Headboard/dp/B002AAXIQG/sr=1-17/qid=1256782756/ref=sr_1_17/189-0266460-7569825?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Amonaco&page=1

TERI REES WANG said...

Definitely custom.

> #1: Your local upholsterer should be able to offer you a look book to choose from.

> #2:Or, take a paper, fold it in half, and cut away. Open it and make an enlarged copy. He should be able to make to scale.

> #3: Search out a vintage one, and have that re-upholstered.

ashley@decorology said...

great finds you guys!

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

What awesome timing for this post! I just finishing my re-do of my headboard!!!!

http://www.slipcoveryourlife.com/?p=3057

Down Comforter said...

Beautiful headboards - love the curvy lines they all have :)

Belegant Upholstery said...

We can make the upholstered headboard covered in the red velvet. We can also duplicate the bedding. Go to our etsy shop for more info.

www.beleganthomenadpet.etsy.com or email us belegantupholstery@gmail.com

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+