Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hand-crafted, custom-made furniture from Valencia, Spain

I've always been interested in furniture making, and even considered pursuing it during my first two years of college as a sculpture student. I was happy to hear about these talented artisans in Valencia, especially since I've been staying in Segovia! They are called Cotema and their work is astoundingly detail-oriented, and very, very, well constructed. Almost like they are from another time, no?

A stunning Louis XV settee


Design for a table top


Quite the entertainment unit!

I love the inlaid detail on the console doors





One day I would love to have an heirloom worthy armoire!

If you'd like to see more work or read about the process visit their site. cotemavalencia.com

14 comments:

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

You, Girl, look like you are having a ball traipsing all over spain!

Down Comforter said...

Such beautiful pieces :) The detailing is just amazing.

Shorely Chic said...

Wow! How beautiful and ornate these pieces are! I was so happy to read Valencia on this post, I used to spend my summers there as a little girl, well Murla a small mountain town nearby :) That whole area is so amazing and alive - have a blast!!

Cristin said...

Gorgeous!!!

xo,
cristin

Jenny said...

Beautiful peices. I really love the bed.

Sallie Ann said...

I'm obsessed with mirrors right now. I love that frame.

Vintage+Chic said...

I'd already heard about them. If I'm not wrong, their clients are most in Russia, Kuwait and countries like these... But I agree with you: they are fabulous!

Manuel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manuel said...

Dear Vintage Chic,
I am delighted that you have already heard about us, however none of our customers are from the countries that you have mentioned, as they are mainly from the USA, Canada and the UK.
regards, Cotema Valencia

Vintage+Chic said...

Glups, Manuel, sorry... ;)

vicki archer said...

Gorgeous armoire....xv

Charlotta Ward said...

Furniture carving/making of this kind is almost a forgotten trade and these one look amazing. Will definitely keep on my files. Thank you for sharing!

xCharlotta

Simply Colette said...

Beautiful pieces. Have a lovely day!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

That four poster bed is just incredible. What talent.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+