Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Balancing your home with color

I thought this was a fun little chart that House Beautiful put together.

I would definitely consider having a yellow or orange kitchen



At the least, lavender gives me a sense of serenity and light heartedness


I've read in quite a few books that having a splash of orange on your desk or in your studio helps with creativity - I usually opt for orange flowers on my desk




Deep blue encouraging efficiency is interesting too - and something I'm going to test out!

Light blue and aqua are my favorite colors. Especially in my bedroom.

I think that color theory should be applied to more public buildings and establishments like retirement homes, prisons, and hospitals. Do you guys have a room or object where the color was chosen specifically for it's effect on your psyche? If so - what's the color - and what's the room/object?

8 comments:

Nicolette said...

Some aspects of color psychology is debatable, but the balance and pairing of colors sets up the design of a room, and create different looks and moods within the room.

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

Laura Trevey said...

maybe I need to paint my bedroom walls Aqua ~~ to inspire rest!!!

This is wonderful :)

Jennifer Ramos said...

I took COLOR THEORY....and i loved it.
This was fun to read :))) Woo hoo! Thanks!

Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

TERI REES WANG said...

The bedroom in one way or another always ends up some version of raspberry pink, purely for romantic reason...Heart beat and all.

The living room recently ended up Plum purple that helps us stay grounded into the mental realm of television, books, electronics and conversation. Mental muscles and all.

Brandi said...

I think I'll have to get some yellow, a bit of orange, and maybe a swoosh of aqua in my office.
This chart is fantastic! I have a feeling I'll refer to it over and over again.

Kristen Becker said...

The bathroom and bedroom are good places to infuse color for mood as you are more susceptible to the effects when you are resting, waking and relaxing. I use new towel or bed linen colors to "change gears" without having to totally redecorate!
Love this post :-)
Kristen

Down Pillow said...

Such a great chart - thanks for sharing :)

meg said...

thanks for posting this! i came across this chart in the mag but then i lost it on a train...now i can reference this...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+