Friday, August 21, 2009

A little showcase of artist homes

Wow. What a long week it has been. On a whim I was looking at some artist house tours and decided to share. Have a great weekend!

Shelagh Stewart's bedroom



"Artists Vik Muniz and Janaina Tsch├Ąpe find happiness in a Brooklyn home that has morphed from garage to bachelor pad to bohemian family retreat"



"...painter Anne Becker's peaceful New York apartment with global style"


...of the two above images: "Elizabeth Chapin is not afraid of bright hues. 'I love candy colors, both in my work and in my house,' says the portrait artist, who shares a Victorian home in Austin, Texas" with her family.

images via Elle Decor

12 comments:

Design Actually said...

Love the the first bedroom, the headboard is so unique! The pink throw really makes the room.

Suzann @ The Olive Cottage said...

All the photos do seem to show such a creative lifestyle. They were fun to see. thanks.

Ivan Chan Studio said...

I love artist homes! Thanks for sharing these.

I.

sinnlighet said...

Oh my, I like your amazing, nice & gorgeous blog!

Regards from Agneta in Sweden o;)

EMMELYN said...

I'm drooling all over ur blog...what lovely pictures and interiors! Especially love the posts on country kitchen living, hope to one day have kitchen like that, white, wood, rustic...flowers...You have a great eye!

Hudson Goods said...

The headboard with the old doors is fantastic!

The Consummate Hostess said...

What a fabulous post! Thanks for delightful peeks into the world of some very creative minds.

AnastasiaC said...

love that headboard (top pic) gorgeous fresh interiors!!

Rita said...

Bedroom is amazing, i will use this concept in my new project.

Rita


Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Blovet Beauty said...

ur pictures are super delicious.. i've been reading ur blog for sometime now & just wana say thanks for all ur inspiring pictures:)

Down Pillow said...

Some great-looking interiors :) Love the last photo - all the bright colors are so fun & cheery.

GENICA said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sara

http://paintingdrawing.net

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+