Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Inspiring Home Offices

Since I'm now working from home full time, I'm experiencing first hand the importance of a home office with function and style. To achieve this, I've decided, I must peruse as many sites and magazines I can get my hands on! I suspect this post will be continued in future installments --

Color is so important but such a hard thing for me to get right. I wish I could though, because the right colors can be just what one needs - serene, invigorating, relaxing, etc.


So peaceful - I think I'd be able to concentrate with a workspace like this...

I love having my books and magazines at hand - and for that shelving is a must. I'm just going to have to learn to live without when I'm working while I travel


So cheery!
via House to Home

This office looks very efficient - I would also love to have ample - and multiple - work surfaces


via House Beautiful

A real office from an Apartment Therapy reader.

12 comments:

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

I'm usually not a pink person, but I love the first room.

Blueprint Bliss said...

Great post. We had the same topic in mind today! xx- Brooke

TERI REES WANG said...

The smartest and most successful "work-at-homer" that I know, masters all her magic out of a work-space-armoir. The doors open to her day of focus and wonder and productivity, and then closes up to quiet and simple and un-assuming.

Centsational Girl said...

Love all of these photos....great post. I am undergoing a bit of an office remodel right now, these speak to me.

:-)
Kate

Christine said...

I really like the first and third one.

Semigloss Chic said...

This is a great roundup! I can't wait for future installments. Good luck on the office.

agoodbuild said...

love the number drawer pulls!

Lovely Little Nest said...

Oooh I love the one with the funky wallpaper! :)

Suzann @ The Olive Cottage said...

I work from home too and I'm in the process of building my home office. Some amazing inspiration here. Thanks.

Rdekko said...

yes, yes, yes i loved your post and cause i had in mind to make one of the same i will link you girl cause i love your blog!

Down Pillow said...

Wow, some great-looking home offices. I love the third photo - looks like a perfect place to gather my thoughts & get some work done :)

Leyla said...

These are all such lovely & inspiring spaces, but I gotta say, I am totally in love with the 1st & 5 photos! I love the cheerful & colorful combo used with the clean feeling of white... Love it!!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+