Monday, August 31, 2009

Elegant city houses - with a country twist

Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA - I was packing to spend this next month visiting my parents - and then there was the whole moving and unpacking process - which I"d rather not think about. Well, now that I'm here in the country - listening to the crickets and birds - mixed in with the clickity clack of my keyboard - I thought a little reminder of civilization was in order.




The above is a one bedroom, one bath loft in Manhattan's NoHo neighborhood - "NoHo" meaning "North of Houston" - a name created by the real estate industry to give an area a trendy age and thus - up the edge on the prices.


The two images here are from the luxuriously renovated D.C. townhouse.


I adore this wide expanse of floor - a renovated Savannah townhouse.

via Metropolitan Home Sep. 2009

6 comments:

Daniella said...

Love those black and white interiors! You have a great blog btw! :)

Nuit said...

OMG, that mirror and tile on the vanity of the next to last image is to DIE FOR!!!!! I love the city style....
Happy week!

Rdekko said...

thanks again, loved your post once again. I will facebook you.

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Such incredible color palettes!

Down Pillow said...

Some really great spaces :) I love the floorplan of the townhouse in last pic.

Leyla said...

Such beautiful spaces. Each has it's own unique character & feel to it... I can't even pick a favourite. They all speak to me =)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+