Monday, July 13, 2009

A trend that I'm loving - for you not your house

I'm sure you've seen them around - deliciously girly necklaces adorned with flowers, chains, and ribbon ties. Of course major labels are banking on the trend big time but charging hundreds - but you can find options just as sweet for less money. Do you like the whole flower bib trend? I don't have one, and I don't know if I could pull them off - so I'd like to hear what you guys think.

The difference between the left and the right? $612.00! Vera Wang's Lame and Crystal necklace is $650, and Anthropologie's Wildflower necklace (on the right) is $38. (I love Vera's dresses but I have to say I really do like Anthropologie's necklace better)

This necklace, by Mimi + You is gorgeous - and one of a kind, but it's also $350

This STUNNING "Love is a vintage rose" necklace is $85, and also handmade (only 10 of each peace are made), by marionkoubouri at etsy.

I also love this one from eraseandrepeat on Etsy.

12 comments:

Cristin said...

I think they're gorgeous... but would only wear one with a VERY simple dress.... I'm not one to follow "trends" or "fads." And I agree, I like the Anthropologie one better too ;-)

Heidi Jo said...

I am also loving this trend. Did you see the photo on The Sartorialist today with the gorgeous woman wearing a floral necklace? It was perfect. I already love that Anthropologie one- the design and the price. Do it!!!

Chichi and Luxe said...

Great blog!
I also love this trend...it reminds me of everything Chanel; bows and ribbons, chains and pearls etc..beautiful :)

Patricia Torres said...

Gorgeous.. I heart!

TheDecoDetective said...

I love them even though I'm not a jewelry kind of girl! But I'd happily decorate my home with any of these, actually...

Blushing hostess said...

I agree, the Anthropolgie piece is beautiful and I also adore this girly trend!

Berry said...

Ohmygoodness I think I just found a new favorite Etsy shop! Thanks for the great post! All of those necklaces are so fantastic!

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

I love the Anthropology necklace! It is so beautiful. I think that necklace is less "crazy" than others of its kind and would look really nice paired with a plain theory dress (for example). Thanks!

nichole said...

i am loving the statement necklace trend! i recently made one similar to the anthro... so fun to wear with everything. (a white t-shirt, jeans and the necklace being my favorite thus far!)

joanita said...

these necklaces are to die for!

ChicInfinity said...

I think they are gorgeous! You could wear the bib one with the little black dress or spice up a casual outfit with them

ChicInfinity
http://chicinfinity.etsy.com

Bridget said...

I would love to learn how to make the one on the right...it'd be a challenge, but I think so worth it!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+