Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Living Rustic

How rustic could you go with your decor? Or how rustic have you gone? Growing up on a farm I like rustic - though I prefer "lighter" rustic - not too much dark wood paneling and taxidermy. I would always pick an old house with a story over a new house - hands down. Just not the maintenance costs.

This home office looks so quiet and serene!

Embracing natural patinas is surely a part of rustic living

Look at this lovely garden room!

...a slightly cleaner "rustic"
via Country Living


What do you think of chicken wire in the cabinets?
via Cottage Living

via abc design via LivingEtc.

via The World According to Jessica Claire

10 comments:

Cristin said...

I don't care for rustic - but that Garden Room is to die for! Maybe thats one thing I adore, plants, planters... soil - the whole gamut of foliage! Rustic is soothing though - reminds me of simpler times in the country ;-)

TERI REES WANG said...

I always refer to "Rustic" as...
showing all the layers that have been hiding underneath, as apposed to "Country".

Rustic-Modern/Eco-chic is right up my aesthetic alley.

Be well.

Elise said...

So beautiful! Serene, simple, livable and welcoming-- the only thing I didn't like was the chicken wire! :D

Velvet and Linen said...

Love those old doors in that first image.
That's doing rustic right!

xo
Brooke

Berry said...

I love "lighter" rustic decor! =) And that first picture is particularly pretty!

ABC Dragoo said...

Hey there.

What a lovely blog you have! Thanks so much for linking back to my blog with the image in this post. I just want to let you know that I have moved on to a new URL. (It's no longer on blogspot!)

ABCD Design is at www.abcddesign.com - please do pop by for more design, decor and posts about living a "well lived" life!

Warm Regards,
ABC Dragoo
www.abcddesign.com

Down Pillow said...

I'm usually not drawn to rustic design because most of it is too dark for my taste, but these photos are really lovely. I absolutely love the first pic :)

Susan Graham said...

Great suggestions and examples, especially for a newbie like myself who lacks a natural sense of web design.

Alpha said...

Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!

tiaannie said...


love the sun/garden/greenhouse room

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+