Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Decorating with green - rooms that do it well

Green is big right now - be it the color or the lifestyle. However, like anything that becomes popular there is also the risk of becoming cliche or too trendy. However, just because something is trendy, it doesn't mean you shouldn't embrace it if you truly love it! I think a good place to start is finding inspiration that employs the color/practice/object/etc. in an authentic way.

Here are some examples where I think the color green is used either naturally or with a flair that gets across the dweller's passion for the color. What do you truly love that has become a trend - and has it changed the way you approach it?

- you can do it with accents and accessories

or a unique wallpaper or upholstery...


or where appropriate - as it is in this historic shaker kitchen


via House and Home



via Notebook via Amy Butler's Midwest Modern




via Valspar

...or...make your undying love obvious!

via Domino via Flickr

17 comments:

TERI REES WANG said...

That is a great "green" for a door!

Hudson Goods said...

love green, my whole house is green inside and out!

Southern Aspirations said...

Great finds. I once had a living painted pale yellow (off-white almost), white trim, and a crazy grass-green door for an accent- it was scary at first, but ended up being fabulous.

Jillian @ Housewears said...

Great post - I recently did my own post on green, it's hot - from the bold "Draper" look to the chic emerald earrings Angelina Jolie wore at the Oscars...I adore green, and think the vivid bold greens are wonderful in measured doses!!!

Dagny @ Beautiful Living said...

I think green is a great accent color. I definitely freshens things up.

Rachel Follett said...

Love green!! The color and lifestyle. Thanks for these beautiful inspirational photos!

alice said...

I love the lime green front door!

I'm contemplating a fun color for my own front door, but I am worried it might be a summer mode I'm thinking in!!!

Six DifferentWays said...

Green has always been my favorite color so I'm hoping this trend will stick around for awhile! I highly recommend Ralph Lauren paint in "In The Meadow" which I used in my bedroom if you are looking to paint a room in your home! Any idea where that wallpaper is from? I've seen it before and am trying to get my hands on it. Thanks!

ashley@decorology said...

@alice -- yes, but it could also help keep you in a summer mode during the winter ;)

ashley@decorology said...

@six different ways

regarding the wallpaper, according to House and Home, "It's a Manuel Canovas design from Primavera Interiors. Please give them a call at (416) 921-3334 to inquire about retailers that would carry this wallpaper.

Hope that helps!

Nuit said...

aww I really heart this post! green is my fave :)

Six Different Ways said...

Thank you so much. I will definitely contact them!

Elena @ white picket fence said...

I love that green door! I just used it my post about my front door makeover! Thanks for sharing!!

Tommy Bahama Bedding said...

Some really wonderful images :) I love, love, love the first one as well as the one from House and Home.

Natalie said...

the last picture..green kitchen..*le sigh* one dayyy..

uh-freaaking-dorable blog

Anonymous said...

I love the green used in kitchen. What color is that and what brand of paint? Thanks!

Ashley said...

@anonymous - which kitchen?

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+