Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Another tropical trip...

Coming at you from the other end of the country - Linda from Lime in the Coconut making me miss the motherland...


The ever-so talented Ashley asked that I blogsit for her while she travels to the wild edges of Alaska.

Sure, I say. What an honor...What a privilege...What fun!

So...

While she dips her icy toes into the dark Alaskan waters...

Join me. Grab a long cool drink...We are heading to

a whole other edge of the world...

Separated from civilization by a sweep of meandering lagoon and white sands

With no neighbours and a maximum of just 28 guests, this Bahia Coast Beach hotel is like a private slice of paradise.

It is all about hammock snoozes, rainforest wanders and just

being.


Its 14 spacious cabãnas are surrounded by lush jungle, and are adorned with a smart mix of bright white and bold colours...

each has it's own outdoor shower




Hotel Fazenda de Lagoa is practically the definition of beach-shack chic.

A fine line exists between indoor and outdoor living...

don't we all need that...

once in awhile? well, maybe not so much in Alaska.


In the alcove library, carefully curated floor-to-ceiling titles are interrupted only by wooden sculpture of a white bird surrounded by flowers.

and of course, the requisite billowy spa area

Fazenda da Lagoa....what a colorful, sunny respite

and, uh, Ashley...can you bring some Ice when you come back?

for our long cool drinks?

hmmmmm?

16 comments:

nicolette said...

Love the red drapes in the hotel room. Almost want to hang a hammock in the room as well.

Are you thinking of visiting Brazil?

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

Tommy Bahama Bedding said...

What a gorgeous destination :)

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Oh...what an inspiration and pleasure to "sit" for ya! Thanks!

Nicolette...I'm heading to Brasil this fall. I think Ashley should come...I'm sure we can find a marathon or a half to entertain her!

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

OK, Linda;
It's getting really embarrassing that I LIVE in Brazil, yet can't come up with the same kind of Brazilian goodies you toss our way.

Clearly, my skills need honing.

alison g. (brazil)
My Little Happy Place

Permission to Mother said...

I like the book shelves. I'd like them in my house.

Elizabeth said...

Ahhhh, I feel so relaxed after looking at this post.

p.s. I've tagged you on my blog! check it out :)

Renee Finberg said...

it looks like such fun...
and 'fun' to me is an escape.
these examples are certainly that.

xx

Maya said...

Oh, "just being" sounds just fine to me. And I'd love to have some Alaskan ice in my drink!

for the love of a house said...

Hi Ashley, Hi Linda! Would love to escape here and just 'be'!! Will y'all sit on those chaises with me and a cool drink and 'be' too?! That would be fun!

Good luck with your run Ashley!

Velvet and Linen said...

Thank you for the mini vacation, Linda!
Good luck Ashley!

xo
Brooke

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Can I hop on a blame and go there RIGHT now?

Deborah said...

Linda! Fantastic!!! Please book me a room for the next ten years, thank you. Ashley, what a brave and wonderful soul you are, participating in the marathon in ALASKA, as if a marathon is not difficult enough! Thank you for helping raise awareness of the need for leukemia research. **blows kisses** Deborah

Stephanie C. said...

Nice job, Linda! Love your post here, and (as alway) on your blog.

Stephanie said...

another incredible PLACE...the website quite colorful and FUN too!

nice of you to guest blog here...Ashley can hold these warm images in her mind as she RUNS!

Shelly Beson said...

Delicious!!

Cristin said...

I need a beach vaca!!!

wonderful pix.

xo,
c

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+