Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A light-filled, inspirational apartment - and it's real! No designer, no professional photographer!

I was checking out the new Style Room (still in Beta), and discovered this lovely, lovely flat in Oxford. It's rented, and decorated on the cheap (amen for Ikea), but that doesn't take away from it's undeniable charm!

My fav. look - a predominately white foundation with bright accents...

Love the lucite side table..

What a lovely sunny spot to work



Plants are the best aren't they? Too bad I live ground level and get no light!

This place is pretty small looking I'm guessing, based on the multi-purpose dining room/home office - but it's pulled off really well!



look guys...real homes have power chords...who'd a thunk?


Vanina's apartment via Style Room
Also check out her blog, Dash of Milk.

11 comments:

TheDecoDetective said...

Amen to IKEA, and amen to all bloggers who feature real homes, like this! Lovely find, Ashley!

Vanina said...

Wow! Thanks for featuring my flat. This completely made my day! :)

Vanina said...

p.s. It is quite a small flat! A one bedroom with a fairly large open plan kitchen/living room. The main room is a great size though, and an amazing space, esp. when the sun is out and you can make the most out of the high ceilings and the light streaming in.

Sara Christine said...

Wow, all those pictures are from one house? Lovely! I need to learn how to make my cheapo digital camera work for me with some better lighting.

Lauren Jade said...

love it ..and def love that side table...works so well in small spaces because it almost disappears. wonderful

Brenda said...

I would love to have sunlight in my work area where my computer is. Oddly enough, I dub it The Garden Room, as it was once a patio that was walled in. But I just had it remodeled and still love it.
Brenda
http://cozylittlehouse.blogspot.com
http://viewfromthepines.com

Sarah Arkanoff said...

So beautiful and fresh!

Rachel Follett said...

Her office area is lovely!

Down Comforter said...

Great space - I love how light & airy it is :)

Gabrielle said...

I love seeing real homes by real people. I am so impressed...hmmm time to rearrange my furniture and spruce things up in my home i think!

x from
http://summerpicnicwedding.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

You read my mind on the power cord comment! I always raise my eyebrows when I'm looking at an editorial interior spread and power cords are missing.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+