Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Great furniture repurposing ideas!

There's no better feeling than finding something (or keeping something) old and having a brilliant idea to turn it into something even better! Take care in spending adequate time and research on your project and you'll end up with a piece that will mean so much more than a bought item for a much higher price. Plus, it'll be custom!

You may have seen this awesome idea around...
Go to Crafty Nest for full article, photos, and instructions.



This chandelier would look like a designer piece in a retro or modern home.



Instructions found at Esprit Canabe

This tray is probably my favorite DIY project, created from a salvaged cupboard door.

Go to Crafty nest for instructions.

A drap wood night table looks like it came from Brocade Home with some sanding, blue paint, and a coat of shellac.
via New York Times

One can never have enough pretty bins to hold supplies or other loose objects!
This pdf from Urban Nest gives the full instructions on how to make these from cereal boxes!

Okay, so this isn't really repurposing furniture, but I love this idea. Find a branch you like and turn it into art by hanging a collection of shells (or whatever you like for that matter).
via Michelle Rago, Weddings

A hoosier separated to be turned into a media cabinet and a console.


Chicken coups as kitchen storage - just make sure they're clean! :)
via Apartment Therapy

15 comments:

Down Comforter said...

Some really great ideas! The tray is so clever :)

Blueprint Bliss said...

Love this post and the great ideas.

Julie said...

I love the first photo with the drawers. Very creative.

iva yaneva said...

About a month ago I found a branch in the park that I really liked and took it home with me. I got some stuff to decorate it and although it is done I haven't had time to install it over my nightstand. But it is so great to see it here as well! :)
love the other ideas too!

Christina Viering said...

Repurposing is a great idea1

kathleen said...

You have a great blog full of wonderful ideas. I have a question. Where does one get used chicken coops?

bravemomma said...

You have so many bright ideas and I love them all! By the way, since Father's Day is nearing, you might want to give your daddy readers a new project! Wholesale Funriture Brokers is hosting a Father's Day contest called Dads and Grads Furniture Blog Contest!

Dads and grads now have a chance to win $500 towards the furniture of their choice at Wholesale Furniture Brokers for Father’s Day! Write a blog post about which item you want and tell us why you deserve to win. The winner of the $500 gift certificate will be chosen by Wholesale Furniture Brokers on June 21, 2009.

The winner can use the gift certificate towards any furniture item available at Wholesale Furniture Brokers.

Link to the contest page: http://www.gowfb.com/dads-and-grads-furniture-contest.php

Spread the word about the contest and get others to post comments on your blog post to help it become more popular.

More power to your site!

pat said...

I love your ideas! I can't decide which I like best.

Rdekko said...

Hallo my dear. I will surely re-post some of them. They are great. Especially the chandelier. Hugs.

Best Office Furniture said...

Awesome !! great ideas........

bestar furniture said...

Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

Here's an interesting furniture repurposing idea: My husband and I took our old neighborhood entrance sign and turned it into our dining room table. Check out this link to see the transformation:

https://plus.google.com/photos/114130682810912480611/albums/5666860010517964705?banner=pwa

Le Trung Thanh said...

A very interesting article
I much like your blog
Thank for sharing

Thanh Le
My Blog: http://www.homedesign9.com/

Dstinyseatings said...

great ideas.Thank you for providing valuable information
restaurant chairs

Jason said...

you have some amazingly wonderful ideas, I love the shells.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+