Thursday, May 28, 2009

Beautiful built-ins

I've lived in quite a few old houses and one thing I love about them are the built-in features. Bookcases, desks, window seats - they add so much charm and personality. How about you? What's your feeling on built-ins?

A dreamy day bed/window seat - oh the hours I could spend there
via My Home Ideas

...a little girl's paradise...
via LKS Design


serene office - my desk is never that clean though - as I use it to work on... :)

I love this room. The curtains hung lower ads a lot of dimension to the room I think...










via Decor Pad

via High Fashion Home Blog

8 comments:

Angela@acountryfeel said...

I'd love to live in a house that has a window seat! I especially love the 3rd (Domino) picture. I must be so relaxing to spend time there, with a book close at hand... I love it!

Magchunk said...

I love that window seat with the bookshelves. I think built-ins are easy--you move in and half the work is done for you! But making it special and cozy and fit the rest of the room can be a challenge, I think.

Erin said...

What great inspiration!! I especially love the serene office. :)

Courtney said...

Ohhh, I love built-ins. There is something so cozy about them! Beautiful pictures, I really like them all.

nicole said...

I love built ins...especially reading book nooks! I love the top photo!

Sarah Arkanoff said...

These photos make my heart skip a beat! I'm pretty sure I would sell my soul to have tons of built-in's around my house.

Down Pillow said...

I'm a HUGE fan of built-ins! They add so much character & charm to a space :)

JuliaEdith said...

Love built-ins. Loved image w/mirrored desk esp! Did not care for built-ins with exposed brick though, seems off.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+