Thursday, April 30, 2009

Amazing Treehouses I'd actually live in

Okay, so maybe I wouldn't live in all of these, but definitely most of them. The rest are just amazing to look at. With all the leaves budding on the trees I've been looking up a lot, and it would be oh so nice to just wake up in the tree tops!

A victorian in the trees...
via Treehouse workshop

via Lovely Happenings

a petite castle
via Tree--houses

how dreamy to wake up here!


a beautiful tree house "tent," a rentable getaway in Australia.
via travelnine msn


This gorgeous organic structure was funded by yellowbook, and used to be open to the public as a restaurant.
via yellowbook

An adorable "cottagey" treehouse






ok, so not livable - but very cool regardless

via Flickr


This reminds me of Gisele's treehouse in Enchanted.
via A Soft Place to Land



via Apartment Therapy



And last, but not least, this treehouse is very dear to my heart. My grandfather built this for my sisters and I on our farm on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland . We loved it and I'm happy to see it still stands, though I'm not sure if the current owners use it.

18 comments:

from the right bank said...

I could totally live in one of these, too. I spent quite a bit of time around Chesapeake Bay as a kid, too but I didn't have a tree house. :( It's so cool that yours is still there!

LOVING. LIVING. SMALL. said...

Omg - these are insane! I wonder if they think it's crazy that we live in regular apartments on the ground?! Fun post - thanks for sharing!

{this is glamorous} said...

How fun! Growing up, we had the most spectacular tree house and how I adored it!

Jennie said...

<3 So many memories

Sharon said...

unbelievable! truly amazing. thank you for sharing:)

Maya said...

I love the idea of a treehouse getaway. So close to nature!

vicki archer said...

Amazing - I don't know about living but a weekend, yes please. xv

Hudson Goods said...

these tree houses are right up my alley, love them!

Denise said...

One or two of your pictures are from Out 'N About Treesort in Oregon. We vacationed there with our youngest son when he was 8 years old. He cried when it was time to leave! This post brought back great memories.

Southern Aspirations said...

These are AMAZING! thanks for sharing!!

Megan said...

Treehouses remind me of The Swiss Family Robinson movie. I always wanted to live in their treehouse!

Down Comforter said...

Some amazing treehouses - I'd love to try these out :)

Blueprint Bliss said...

Those are amazing.

Mapiurka said...

what lovely houses!

Daniel said...

If you like treehouses check out Pete Nelson near Seattle, he builds 'em for a living! And has released some great books on them as well.

edgar said...

I think that I shall never see

A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest

Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day

And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear

A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;

Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,

But only God can make a tree.

~Joyce Kilmer

lauralynned said...

These pictures brought joy to my heart! Thank you so much for sharing them!

Tree of Life Meaning said...

Tree 'Houses' certainly add significance to the meaning of the 'Tree of Life' - living IN the Tree of Life :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+