Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You can smell spring coming in these photos!

These gorgeous shots are the genius of photographer Debi Treloar. They remind me of hot summers growing up on the Chesapeake Bay. There was a time of day that was so still one couldn't do anything but nap in a shady spot or read in a corner by an open window. I can smell the warm air and almost hear the flower buds opening. *sigh* I need a country garden!

I would have spent so many days in this room reading Anne of Green Gables.





It's hard to imagine days so hot you didn't even want to turn on the lights, but that's what this image reminds me of.

























via Debi Treloar

8 comments:

Erin said...

*Sigh* All so pretty!

Oh how I loved Anne of Green Gables!!

my favorite and my best said...

i loved all of those images, so very beautiful. the first one in particular. i have that photo in a a book and searched in vain for that damn photo for my own blog. thanks for getting it. i am def. going to save it for future use!!

natasha said...

Oh sigh, what a beautiful collection!

Jolie Morgan Musick said...

That chair with the flowers made me gasp because I fell in love with it immediately!

p.s. you know a room is good when you can picture what novel you want to read in it.

clorivak said...

I wanted to jump into so many of those settings, especially the first few. Wonderful and very inspirational!!!

joanita said...

soooo relaxing!

Down Comforter said...

Beautiful photos! I absolutely love the first one :)

Jennie said...

nap in a shady spot? read by an open window? you're glamorizing it. no day with me around would have been so peaceful. ;)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+